Saturday, March 2, 2013

The top four browsers, which is right for you?


credit for picture: blog.mfisch.com

Hey guys! Today I'm going to go over the major 4 browsers, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE. We'll figure out which is for you, based off what you need. Let's start with chrome.

Chrome

The Good: At least with my connection. Chrome is always the quickest out of the 4, easy to pick up quickly, everything is right there/easy access to everything, has TON of extensions to make Chrome even better!

The Bad: UI (User Interface/Design) gets boring really quickly [even with the ability to have customized themes], and this may just be me but getting to my bookmarks is always a hassle.

Internet Explorer

The Good: Hahahahahahahahahaha! Oh... you're serious? Something good.... uhhh..... its the most laughable browser... so it's the funniest browser! There!

The Bad: The slowest of the four (and slower than many other more minor browsers), little support for extensions, definitely the worst UI, most prone to viruses, no automatic flash updates, of the few extensions it has, many are very buggy, no portable version, no syncing with other computers you have that use IE. The list goes on, but if you're not already convinced not to use IE, then... I don't know.

Safari

The Good: Beautiful UI (Best of the 4), easy access to everything like Chrome (but also easy access to bookmarks), fairly speedy, easy access to any blog's (even ours!) RSS feed, top sites let you see what sites you visit regularly, large library of extensions.

The Bad: There really isn't many bad things about Safari, so it won't be in a list form.  Basically my problems with Safari is that it could definitely be faster, I'm not saying it's slow, but it could be much faster.  Also, I said that there was easy access to everything, but sometimes it actually feels like Safari is just cluttered, and has some unnecessary features. 

Firefox

The Good: Fast, large extensions library, this doesn't look like much, but there just isn't a big description for either of those 2 things.

The Bad: Childish, boring UI, very cluttered, hardest to understand.


Final Thoughts

So, overall here's what I think.  Never use IE.  Chrome or Safari are definitely the best in my opinion.  Firefox is good, but it's just not the best, but it has potential and still has room to grow.  So my main one I use is Chrome, but sometimes I switch over to Safari.  Tell me what browser you guys use in the comments.  See you next time!
                                                                                                                            -Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment